[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Appliance411 home
Links : Glossary : Page 3
The Purchase
Home Service
Repair Parts
Appliance Links
  1. Top
  2. What's New
  3. Editor's Picks
  4. What's Popular
  5. Top Rated
  6. Random Link
  7. Refer this Page
  8. Search
Q&A Forum

Appliances Connection

RepairClinic.com - Online appliance parts, FREE repair advice

    A trough-shaped panel used to funnel defrost condensate, from the evaporator coil, to the drain tube leading eventually to the drain pan.
    (Added: 12-Sep-1999 Rating: 0 Votes: 0)
    A pan-shaped panel used to collect drips, spillage or condensate.
    (Added: 12-Sep-1999 Rating: 0 Votes: 0)
    A term used to describe any device that turns electrical power into mechanical work or vise versa. One example is a automobile generator that turns mechanical rotation into electrical power.
    (Added: 12-Sep-1999 Rating: 0 Votes: 0)
    REFRIGERATOR-A switch that when activated opens a circuit to an electric cabinet perimeter heater, to turn it off, to save electricity.
    AIR CONDITIONER-A switch that when activated allows the thermostat to cycle the fan motor on and off at the same time as it cycles the compressor.

    (Added: 12-Sep-1999 Rating: 0 Votes: 0)
    That part of the refrigeration system in which the refrigerant evaporates, absorbing heat from the surrounding area. Sometime mistakenly thought to be that point where the drain pan evaporates the condensate water.
    (Added: 12-Sep-1999 Rating: 0 Votes: 0)
  • FAUCET ADAPTOR - A male connector that attaches to a water faucet to allow a female connector (dishwasher unicouple) to attach to it. This device sometimes includes an aerator and is often called a TAP ADAPTER.
    (Added: 12-Sep-1999 1097 Hits Rating: 5.73 Votes: 11)
  • FILL VALVE - An electro-mechanical device that opens a valve to allow water to flow. The electric current causes a magnetic field to develop in the solenoid coil which in turn then moves a metallic plunger. The plunger is attached to a diaphragm which opens the valve. May also be called a WATER VALVE or WATER FILL VALVE.
    (Added: 12-Sep-1999 2007 Hits Rating: 7.41 Votes: 24)
    A device containing screens and absorbent material through which refrigerant gas is passed in order to remove moisture that would be detrimental to other components and the functioning of a refrigeration system.
    (Added: 21-Sep-2001 Rating: 0 Votes: 0)
    A device containing a porous material or a material itself, through which a liquid or gas is passed in order to separate suspended particulate matter. Common filter materials are activated charcoal, polypropylene and HEPA (high efficiency particulate air [filter]).
    (Added: 21-Sep-2001 Rating: 0 Votes: 0)
    Trade name for a family of synthetic chemical refrigerants manufactured by DuPont. Sometime mistakenly called FreeZone.
    (Added: 12-Sep-1999 Rating: 0 Votes: 0)

Pages: [<< Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [Next >>]

This Page Created On: 13-Jun-2022 - 14:28:36

Return to the Appliance411 Home Page
 Appliance411 Home 

The Purchase | Home Service | Repair Parts | Q&A Forum | Appliance Links
News | FTC Disclosure | Contact Us | Privacy
Refer this Page | Support Appliance411

Copyright © Daniel O'Neill 1997-2022. All rights reserved.