Dan O. -- Friday, 24 January 2003, at 5:47 p.m.
: My father has a Kenmore Electric Stove that is
: only a few years old. The other day he was
: cooking something and a spark fly out from
: under the back left burner. It threw the
: The black plastic piece that the burners plug
: into had to be replaced, so we replaced all
: 4 of them while we were at it.
See the page linked below for more about that problem.
: Now, the indicator light on the stove that lets
: you know that a burner is on, stays on. Even
: if all of the burners and stove are off, the
: light is staying on.
: Any idea what might cause this?
On a standard (non-glass) cooktop element model, that is most often caused by a shorted contact inside one of the element switches, in which case the element switch would have to be replaced. The only other possibility I can think of would be a shorted wiring but a defective switch would be more likely IMO.